5 Great Niche Markets For Selling Online
One of the key ingredients to really making it in online selling is to find a great niche market. Sellers who are just starting out are more likely to be successful if they appeal to a very small market instead of trying to please everyone.
Finding the right market may not be the easiest task – it takes a bit of time and persistence. Just to give you a few ideas, here is a list of 5 niche products you can use to get you thinking.
Although some of these ideas may seem a little abstract to beginner sellers, these are the types of niches you actually want to consider – very precise and seemingly difficult to source.
Product Idea #1: Military Insignia
Collectibles are great products that sell well and you can dig really deep to find the best ones. This is the perfect niche for people who share an interest in them because you will find it easier and more rewarding selling something you enjoy.
To be even more precise with selling military insignia, try selling US military insignia from the Vietnam War era – these are really big on eBay.
Military Insignia is a great niche because:
- There are lots of great sub-niches like World War 2 helmets and Japanese military medals.
- It rarely dates or goes out of fashion
Product Idea #2: Plus Sized Maternity Wear
The plus size niche is great because plus sized men and women find it difficult to find items in regular retail stores that will fit them comfortably.
Plus size maternity wear is profitable because:
- People are always going to have babies, so you won’t run out of customers if you’re going to sell maternity and baby stuff.
- Clothing items aren’t fragile and easy to ship because they’re lightweight. In fact, it’s one of the biggest industries online.
[Sign up for the free training and see how Amelia makes over $80K/year selling baby stuff. Sellers are calling her tactics “brilliant”.]
Product Idea #3: Plus Sized Shoes
This is another plus sized item that is having huge success on eBay for the simple fact that big foots have a hard time finding their sizes at the shoe store.
Why it’s such a great niche:
- Even though the big brands commonly make the big sizes, the retailers only order a few pairs so our friends with big feet must go online to find what they really want.
- Plus sizes have a high success rate on eBay (women’s size 11 sell at 61.9% and men’s size 14 sell at 75%)
- Plus sizes are sought after by both men and women (you can choose to target men’s only or women’s only if you want to be specific – women’s size 11 + high heels would make a great little niche).
Product Idea #4: Antique Clocks
This is another great collectible that you could market.
It’s a top niche because:
- They have an eBay success rate of over 67%
- You can target both home decorators and collectors.
- You can get them for cheap at yard sales and flea markets then sell them online for a tidy profit
Product Idea #5: Heart Rate Monitors
Athletes, people who work out at the gym a lot and other people who need to keep an eye on their heart rate are searching for heart rate monitors.
Makes an excellent niche because:
- They have a 75% success rate on eBay (75% of all heart rate monitors listed on eBay in the last 3 months have been sold).
- One size fits all.
- Easy to ship and store because they are small and lightweight.
If you’re just starting out then niche items like these are the way to go. There are so many niches available to keep you excited and best of all, make you money.
To get more suggestions like these, plus success stories from other sellers and how they’re doing it be sure to sign up for the great free training and a chance to win a copy of the new Online Selling Tactics course from Salehoo.